Wing IDE's source code editor is designed to make it easier to adopt the IDE even if you are used to other editors.
- The editor has personalities that emulate other commonly used editors such as Visual Studio, VI/Vim, Emacs, and Brief.
- Context-appropriate auto-completion, goto-definition, and code index menus are available when working in Python code
- The editor supports a wide variety of file types for syntax colorization.
- Key mappings and many other behaviors are configurable.
- The editor supports structural folding for some file types
|« 3.7. Per-file Properties||Table of Contents||4.0. Syntax Colorization »|
4.0. Syntax Colorization
4.1. Right-click Editor Menu
4.2. Navigating Source
4.3. File status and read-only files
4.6. Source Assistant
4.8. User-defined Bookmarks
4.9. Code Snippets
4.10.0. How Indent Style is Determined
4.10.1. Indentation Preferences
4.10.2. Indentation Policy
4.10.4. The Tab Key
4.10.5. Checking Indentation
4.10.6. Changing Block Indentation
4.10.7. Indentation Manager
4.11. Structural Folding
4.12. Brace Matching
4.13. Support for files in .zip or .egg files
4.14. Keyboard Macros
4.15. Notes on Copy/Paste
4.16. Auto-reloading Changed Files