When you purchase Wing IDE you are purchasing a license that grants you the right to use the IDE.
Summary of License
- Each license is for one user working on any number of machines, including any mix of the supported operating systems (Windows, Linux, and OS X)
- Non-Commercial Use licenses for Wing IDE Professional and Wing IDE 101 may only be used by publicly funded charities, educational institutions, and unpaid individuals. They may not be used for any work from which you derive income, either directly or indirectly.
- Licenses may be upgraded at any time from Wing IDE Personal to Pro or from a Non-Commercial to Commercial Use license by paying the price difference between the original and upgraded license.
- You may not redistribute, sell, or rent your licensed rights to the product. However, a company that purchases a Commercial Use license for Wing IDE Professional may reassign that license from time to time as employees come and go or roles change, provided that prior users of a license cease to use it once it has been reassigned.
The first time you start Wing, you will be presented with the full license text (also available below), and the software will not run until you have agreed to its terms.
Licenses must be activated after installation on each machine. By default, each license is allowed up to ten activations per year. More activations can be obtained on request to Wingware support (whether or not you are covered by a support contract).
We've worked hard to minimize the impact of our licensing system on legitimate users and to make it flexible and forgiving across upgrades. As a fall-back in emergencies, Wing will run for 10 minutes at a time without any license or activation at all, or a trial license period can be used until any license problem is resolved.
Upgrades and Support
All licenses include free upgrades within the major release and installation support. For details on our upgrade and support policies see Terms of Sale.
Access to Product Source Code
Wing IDE Professional includes access to product source code (requires a signed non-disclosure agreement). Source use rights are summarized as follows:
- You may make alterations and improvements to the product source code as long as you don't try to defeat our license validation code or remove our copyright or trademark.
- You may distribute any changes you make to the Wing IDE Professional source code, in the form of patch files or in other forms that don't include substantial parts of our product. These can be open source or commercial at your discretion and we have no special rights to them.
Full License Text
The following product licenses are available in full text form:
Our products also contain open source portions under various licenses. See Open Source License Information for details.