Wing provides a way to define sets of files that can be used in various ways within the IDE, such as for searching particular batches of files and adding only certain kinds of files to a project.
To view or alter the defined file sets, use the File Sets... item in the File menu. This will display a file set editor within the Preferences manager.
When adding or editing a file set, the following information may be entered:
- Name -- The name of the file set
- Includes -- A list of inclusion criteria, each of which contains a type and a specification. A file will be included in the file set if any one of these include criteria matches it.
- Excludes -- A list of exclusion criteria, any of which can match to cause a file to be excluded from the file set even if one or more include matches were also found.
The following types of include and exclude criteria are supported:
- Wildcard on Filename -- The specification in this case is a wildcard that must match the file name. The wildcards supported are those provided by Python's fnmatch module.
- Wildcard on Directory Name -- The specification in this case is a wildcard that must match the directory name.
- Mime Type -- The specification in this case names a MIME type supported by Wing IDE. If additional file extensions need to be mapped to a MIME type, use the Extra File Types preference to define them.
Any problems encountered in using the file sets are reported in the Messages area.
|« 2.3. Perspectives||Table of Contents||3. Project Manager »|