Wing IDE incorporates the following open source technologies, most of which are under OSI Certified Open Source licenses except as indicated in the footnotes:
- atk -- GUI accessibility toolkit by Bill.Haneman, Marc.Mulcahy, and Padraig.Obriain -- LGPL 
- Crystal Clear -- An icon set by Everaldo -- LGPL 
- docutils -- reStructuredText markup processing by David Goodger and contributors-- Public Domain 
- expat -- XML parsing library by the Thai Open Source Software Center Ltd, Clark Cooper, and contributors -- MIT License
- fontconfig -- Font configuration detection and support by Keith Packard -- MIT License
- freetype -- High quality text rendering library by Werner Lemberg, David Turner, and contributors -- FreeType License
- glib -- Object development support library by Hans Breuer, Matthias Clasen, Tor Lillqvist, Tim Janik, Havoc Pennington, Ron Steinke, Owen Taylor, Sebastian Wilhelmi, and contributors -- LGPL 
- gtk+ -- Cross-platform GUI library by Jonathan Blandford, Hans Breuer, Matthias Clasen, Tim Janik, Tor Lillqvist, Federico Mena Quintero, Kristian Rietveld, Søren Sandmann, Manish Singh, Owen Taylor, and contributors.-- LGPL 
- gtk-engines -- GTK theme engines by The Rasterman, Owen Taylor, Randy Gordon -- LGPL 
- gtkscintilla2 -- GTK wrapper for Scintilla by Dennis J Houy, Sven Herzberg, and contributors-- LGPL 
- GTK Themes -- Aluminum Alloy by Robert Iszaki (roberTO), AluminumAlloy License ; Black-Background based on work by Eric R. Reitz, unspecified ; Glider by Link Dupont, LGPL ; Glossy P by m5brane, unspecified ; gnububble by Kyle Davis, unspecified ; H2O by Eric R. Reitz, unspecified ; High Contrast, Low Contrast, and Large Print themes by Bill Haneman and T. Liebeck, LGPL ; Smokey-Blue by Jakub 'jimmac' Steiner and Paul Hendrick, LGPL ; Redmond and Redmond95 by Anonymous, unspecified ; Smooth2000 by ajgenius, unspecified ; SmoothDesert by Ken Joseph, other ; SmoothRetro by Ken Joseph, other ; SmoothSeaIce by ajgenius, unspecified 
- gtk-wimp -- GTK theme with Windows native look by Raymond Penners, Evan Martin, Owen Taylor, Arnaud Charlet, and Dom Lachowicz.-- LGPL 
- libiconv -- Unicode conversion library by Bruno Haible -- LGPL 
- libpng -- PNG image support library by Glenn Randers-Pehrson, Andreas Eric Dilger, Guy Eric Schalnat, and contributors -- zlib/libpng License
- libXft -- X windows font rendering by Keith Packard and contributors -- MIT License
- libXrender -- X windows rendering extension by Keith Packard and contributors -- MIT License
- pango -- Text layout and rendering library by Owen Taylor and contributors -- LGPL 
- parsetools -- Python parse tree conversion tools by John Ehresman -- MIT License
- pexpect -- Sub-process control library by Noah Spurrier, Richard Holden, Marco Molteni, Kimberley Burchett, Robert Stone, Hartmut Goebel, Chad Schroeder, Erick Tryzelaar, Dave Kirby, Ids vander Molen, George Todd, Noel Taylor, Nicolas D. Cesar, Alexander Gattin, Geoffrey Marshall, Francisco Lourenco, Glen Mabey, Karthik Gurusamy, and Fernando Perez -- MIT License
- py2pdf -- Python source to PDF output converter by Dinu Gherman -- MIT License
- pygtk -- Python bindings for GTK by James Henstridge and contributors -- LGPL 
- pyscintilla2 -- Python bindings for gtkscintilla2 by Roberto Cavada and contributors -- LGPL 
- pysqlite -- Python bindings for sqlite by Gerhard Haering -- BSD-like custom license 
- Python -- The Python programming language by Guido van Rossum, PythonLabs, and contributors -- Python Software Foundation License version 2 
- render -- Header files for X render extension by Keith Packard -- MIT License
- scintilla -- Source code editor component by Neil Hodgson and contributors -- MIT License
- sqlite -- A self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine -- Public domain 
- Tulliana-1.0 -- An icon set by M. Umut Pulat, based on Nuvola created by David Vignoni -- LGPL 
- zlib -- Data compression library by Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler -- zlib/libpng License
 The LGPL requires us to redistribute the source code for all libraries linked into Wing IDE. All of these modules are readily available on the internet. In some cases we may have modifications that have not yet been incorporated into the official versions; if you wish to obtain a copy of our version of the sources of any of these modules, please email us at info at wingware.com.
 Docutils contains a few parts under other licenses (BSD, Python 2.1, Python 2.2, Python 2.3, and GPL). See the COPYING.txt file in the source distribution for details.
 The Python Software Foundation License version 2 is an OSI Approved Open Source license. It consists of a stack of licenses that also include other licenses that apply to older parts of the Python code base. All of these are included in the OSI Approved license: PSF License, BeOpen Python License, CNRI Python License, and CWI Python License. The intellectual property rights for Python are managed by the Python Software Foundation.
 Not OSI Approved. Wingware has obtained explicit permission from the author to redistribute these themes.
 Not OSI Approved. These GTK themes are widely distributed works that are implicitely in the public domain, but without stated license or copyright. They may be removed from Wing IDE without altering the product's base functionality by removing the correspondingly named directories from bin/gtk-bin/share/themes within the Wing IDE installation.
 Not OSI Approved. However, license grants permission to modify and use without limitation.
 Not OSI Approved, but similar to other OSI approved licenses. The license grants anyone to use the software for any purpose, including commercial applications.
 The source code states the author has disclaimed copyright of the source code. The sqllite.org website states: "All of the deliverable code in SQLite has been dedicated to the public domain by the authors. All code authors, and representatives of the companies they work for, have signed affidavits dedicating their contributions to the public domain and originals of those signed affidavits are stored in a firesafe at the main offices of Hwaci. Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute the original SQLite code, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means."
We are required by the license terms for Scintilla to include the following copyright notice in this documentation:
Copyright 1998-2003 by Neil Hodgson <firstname.lastname@example.org> All Rights Reserved Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. NEIL HODGSON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL NEIL HODGSON BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
We are required by the license terms for Fontconfig to include the following copyright notice in this documentation:
Copyright © 2001,2003 Keith Packard Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation, and that the name of Keith Packard not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific, written prior permission. Keith Packard makes no representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. KEITH PACKARD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL KEITH PACKARD BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
|« 22.0. Wing IDE Software License||Table of Contents||Next »|