Wing IDE 5.1 beta1: December 16, 2014
This release contains the following improvements:
- Multi-process debugging, with optional automatic child process debugging
- Syntax highlighting in the Python Shell and Debug Probe
- Data value tooltips in the Python Shell and Debug Probe
- Added How-To for Flask
- Support for Django 1.7 and Django running on Python 3
- Updated and clarified the web2py How-To
- Updated Plone How-To for launching Plone from the IDE
- Recognize ArcGIS *.pyt files as Python code
- Added a way to send keys to the editor via the scripting API
- Added preference for type of split created by Goto Definition in Other Split
- Added ability to copy selected result line, message, or line number from PyLint results (thanks to Viktor Lucza)
- Added a close-all-readonly command to close any read-only files
- About 50 other minor features and bug fixes; see the change log for details.
This is a free upgrade for Wing IDE 5.0 users. For details and downloads see Wing IDE 5.0-beta1.
Wing IDE is a full-featured cross-platform integrated development environment designed specifically for Python. It includes a powerful editor with vi, emacs, visual studio, and other key bindings, auto-completion, call tips, context-sensitive auto-editing, goto-definition, find uses, refactoring, an advanced multi-threaded multi-process debugger, version control, unit testing, search, and many other features.
For more information on Wing IDE, see the Wing IDE product overview.