Wing IDE provides a professional code editor with vi, emacs, and other configurable key bindings, auto-completion, call tips, a powerful graphical debugger, integrated version control and unit testing, search, and many other features.
Wing IDE runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X and can be used to develop Python code for web, GUI, and embedded scripting applications.
Changes in Version 3.2.6
Version 3.2.6 adds the following minor features and improvements:
- Added Copy to Clipboard in Source Assistant
- Added ability to clear Python Shell during a session
- Added Duplicate Line Above line editing command
- Several vi mode fixes (see CHANGELOG.txt for details)
- Fixed failure to close files when switching projects
- Fixed fragmentation of completion lists in html files
- Fixed edit of "Include Hidden and Temporary Files" project directory property
- Many other minor features and bug fixes; See the change log for details
What's New in Wing 3.2
Versions 3.2.x of Wing IDE include the following new features not present in version 3.1:
- Support for Python 3.0 and 3.1
- Rewritten version control integration with support for Subversion, CVS, Bazaar, git, Mercurial, and Perforce (*)
- Added 64-bit Debian, RPM, and tar file installers for Linux
- File management in Project view (**)
- Auto-completion in the editor obtains completion data from live runtime when the debugger is active (**)
- Perspectives: Create and save named GUI layouts and optionally automatically transition when debugging is started (*)
- Improved support for Cython and Pyrex (*.pyx files)
- Added key binding documentation to the manual
- Added Restart Debugging item in Debug menu and tool bar (**)
- Improved OS Commands and Bookmarks tools (*)
- Support for debugging 64-bit Python on OS X
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only. (**)'d items are available in Wing IDE Personal or Professional only.
About Wing IDE
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment designed specifically for the Python programming language. It provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence, unit testing, version control, and search capabilities. These features help reduce development and debugging time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand and navigate Python code.
Wing IDE is available in three product levels: Wing IDE Professional is the full-featured Python IDE, Wing IDE Personal offers a reduced feature set at a low price, and Wing IDE 101 is a free simplified version designed for teaching entry level programming courses with Python.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit). Wing IDE 3.2 supports Python versions 2.0.x through 3.1.x.
For more information, see Wing IDE Product Family.
Wing IDE Professional and Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and require a license to run. A free trial license can be obtained directly from the product when launched.
Wing IDE Pro 3.2.6 -- Full-featured product
Wing IDE Personal 3.2.6 -- For non-commercial users
Wing IDE 101 3.2.6 -- For teaching with Python
Purchasing and Upgrading
Wing 3.2 is a free upgrade for all Wing IDE 3.0 and 3.1 users. Version 2.x licenses cost 1/2 the normal price to upgrade.