We're happy to announce the release of Wing IDE 3.0 beta2. It is available from http://wingware.com/wingide/beta
Please report bugs using the Submit Bug Report item in the Help menu or by emailing support at wingware dot com. Please do not submit bug reports to the wingide-users mailing list! We will read all reports but, to save time for development, may not respond directly to them all.
This is beta quality software that installs side-by-side with Wing 2.x or 1.x. We advise you to make frequent backups of your work when using any pre-release version of Wing IDE.
The major new features in Wing 3.0 are:
- Multi-threaded debugger
- Debug value tooltips in editor, debug probe, and interactive shell
- Autocompletion in debug probe and interactive shell
- Automatically updating project directories
- Testing tool, currently supporting unittest derived tests (*)
- OS Commands tool for executing and interacting with external commands (*)
- Rewritten indentation analysis and conversion (*)
- Introduction of Wing IDE 101, a free edition for beginning programmers
- Available as a .deb package for Debian and Ubuntu
- Support for Stackless Python
- Support for 64 bit Python on Windows and Linux
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
The CHANGELOG.txt file in the installation provides additional details.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).