The debugger status indicator in the lower left of editor Windows is used to display the state of the debugger. Mousing over the bug icon shows expanded debugger status information in a tool tip. The color of the bug icon summarizes the status of the debug process, as follows:
- White -- There is no debug process, but Wing is listening for a connection from an externally launched process.
- Gray -- There is no debug process and Wing is not allowing any external process to attach.
- Green -- The debug process is running.
- Yellow -- The debug process is paused or stopped at a breakpoint.
- Red -- The debug process is stopped at an exception.
The current debugger status is also appended to the Debugger status group in the IDE's Messages tool.