Wing IDE 3.2.7: May 13, 2010
Wing IDE is a cross-platform Python IDE that provides a professional code editor with vi, emacs, and other key bindings, auto-completion, call tips, a powerful graphical debugger, version control, unit testing, search, and many other features.
Changes in Version 3.2.7
Version 3.2.7 adds the following minor features and improvements:
- Added preference to control mini-search case sensitivity
- Added Debug to Here editor context menu item and Alt-F5 binding
- Fixed parsing of "from package.module import *" statements
- Fixed shared perspectives
- Improved default extension set in Windows file dialogs
- Several VI mode improvements (details in change log)
- Several Templates tool fixes (details in change log)
- Confirm close of Feedback and Bug Report windows
- Fix up and down arrow keys in Debug I/O tool
- Several other minor bug fixes
See the change log for details.
About Wing IDE
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment designed specifically for the Python programming language. It provides powerful editing, testing, and debugging features that help reduce development and debugging time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand and navigate Python code. Wing IDE can be used to develop Python code for web, GUI, and embedded scripting applications.
Wing IDE is available in three product levels: Wing IDE Professional is the full-featured Python IDE, Wing IDE Personal offers a reduced feature set at a low price, and Wing IDE 101 is a free simplified version designed for teaching entry level programming courses with Python.
Version 3.2 of Wing IDE Professional includes the following major features:
- Professional quality code editor with vi, emacs, and other keyboard personalities
- Code intelligence for Python: Auto-completion, call tips, goto-definition, error indicators, smart indent and rewrapping, and source navigation
- Advanced multi-threaded debugger with graphical UI, command line interaction, conditional breakpoints, data value tooltips over code, watch tool, and externally launched and remote debugging
- Powerful search and replace options including keyboard driven and graphical UIs, multi-file, wild card, and regular expression search and replace
- Version control integration for Subversion, CVS, Bazaar, git, Mercurial, and Perforce
- Integrated unit testing with unittest, nose, and doctest frameworks
- Many other features including project manager, bookmarks, code snippets, OS command integration, indentation manager, PyLint integration, and perspectives
- Extremely configurable and may be extended with Python scripts
Please refer to the feature list for a detailed listing of features by product level.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit). Wing IDE supports Python versions 2.0.x through 3.1.x and Stackless Python.
For more information, see Wing IDE Product Family.
Wing IDE Professional and Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and require a license to run. A free trial license can be obtained directly from the product when launched.
Wing IDE Pro 3.2.7 -- Full-featured product
Wing IDE Personal 3.2.7 -- For non-commercial users
Wing IDE 101 3.2.7 -- For teaching with Python
Purchasing and Upgrading
Wing 3.2 is a free upgrade for all Wing IDE 3.0 and 3.1 users. Version 2.x licenses cost 1/2 the normal price to upgrade.