Idle is the Python IDE built with the Tkinter GUI toolkit.
IDLE has the following features:
- coded in 100% pure Python, using the Tkinter GUI toolkit
- cross-platform: works on Windows and Unix (on Mac OS, there are
currently problems with Tcl/Tk)
- multi-window text editor with multiple undo, Python colorizing
and many other features, e.g. smart indent and call tips
- Python shell window (a.k.a. interactive interpreter)
- debugger (not complete, but you can set breakpoints, view and step)
See About this document... for information on suggesting changes.