[wingide-users] How to Run Pyflakes?

BevInTX countryone77 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 13:13:01 EDT 2016

What is the best way in which to run pyflakes in Wing IDE Pro?

I found old messages that mentioned using the user-provided extension
script PyFlakesPanel at:
http://wiki.wingware.com/ExtensionScripts
I placed that in my "/Users/<userid>/Library/Application Support/Wing
IDE/v5/scripts/pyflakespanel.py" folder.  However, when I run that I
don’t get any output at all, even though I recieve the following
warnings when I run pyflakes manually at the command line:

3.4_test.py:4: 'os' imported but unused
3.4_test.py:9: undefined name 'xyz'

I’ve also attempted to run it via “OS Commands” using:
/Users/<userid>/anaconda/bin/pyflakes "%s"
However, most of the time it either fails with the following error and
infrequently doesn’t display anything.

: No such file or directory
Process terminated with an exit code of 1

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to do this.

Bev in TX

Wing IDE version: 5.1.12-1 (rev 28845)
OS version: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Python version: Python 3.5.2 :: Anaconda custom (x86_64)