[wingide-users] testing tab and drilling to exceptions

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Dec 15 10:57:25 EST 2015

On 12/15/15 9:23 AM, Andy Altepeter via wingide-users wrote:
> I would like to quickly drill to the line in the test that failed.
> I haven't found it at all useful to drill into the assertX methods in
> the unittest stdlib.  Could the behaviour of the test tab instead link
> to the line in my test that failed?

Hi,

I agree that it should be easier to get to the exception and that Wing
should not drill into the assertX methods.  Going to the exception
should be put on the right-click popup menu and be the default action
when the exception: line is double-clicked, but I don't think it should
be the double-click action on the test name because that is used to go
to the test source regardless of if it failed or not.  Probably, Wing
should go to the exception if the failure icon is double-clicked, but
not if the name is double-clicked.