[wingide-users] Wing slowing down

Marc A. Murison murison at alpheratz.net
Wed Mar 26 12:37:22 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM, <wingide-users-request at wingware.com> wrote:

> On 3/26/14, 3:49 AM, diliup gabadamudalige wrote:
> > After coding for a few hours I find the interface slightly sluggish and
> > slow to response. If I shutdown and restart the program it is ok for a
> > while.

I regularly see this, too. The slowdown appears to be due to Wing
constantly eating up memory (gigabytes, if you have Wing open for several
hours) until the system bogs down. Shutting down Wing and restarting frees
up all that memory. In my case this is with Wing x64 under Linux, on two
different machines (RHEL6 and Ubuntu 13). I'll send in a bug report from
the help menu next time I run into it.

--
Marc A. Murison