[wingide-users] Mouse select + right-click + left-click anywhere = selection cut

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Mar 25 10:14:40 EDT 2014

Michael R wrote:
> I am suffering from an extremely annoying behavior: every time i
> select characters and then right-clicking on the highlighted
> selection, the selection will be cut whatever action i choose next
> (left-clicking anywhere on the screen but the menu, left-clicking on
> "properties" in the menu, etc).
>
> Would anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this issue?

For the record to the list, since I suspect others may run into this:

The problem was on Ubuntu 13.10 (64-bits) with Gnome 3.8.4 (Ubuntu
2013-12-05), Compiz, and Qt version 4.8.4.

The solution was to run Wing with the --private-qt command line option
or set the Use System Qt preference to Use Wing's Private Qt.

Because of this and other problems we've seen, we're probably going to
change the default for that preference.

wingware.com