[wingide-users] wing 5 and pylint 1.1?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Mar 18 14:17:17 EDT 2014

Chris Curvey wrote:
> I've decided to try out PyLint with wing5.  I've worked through the
> instructions, but when I try to "update" the tool, I get
>
> pylint: error: no such options: --include-ids
>
> that seems to be a deprecated option in version 1.1.
>
> Is this fix for this to change the value of kPyLintVersion in
> pylintpanel.py?

I suspect _init_pylint_version() in pylintpanel.py is not working right
for some reason.  --include-ids should only be added for very old
versions of PyLint.  You could try to debug that by putting in print
statements or just set kPyLintVersion to '1.1.0' to hack around the problem.

I've added this to our list of things to try here but won't have time to
get to it immediately.

wingware.com