[wingide-users] .py vs .pyw extension

Chris O'Halloran cmoman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 23:09:11 EDT 2014

Following up my own post.

If I copy and paste (using the clipboard) to a new file and save it with
file name foo.pyw the syntax highlighting works.

But then when I run the code in the new file it fails. When I compare with
the original file, it says the whole file is different.

If  then SaveAs but using the existing file name
(sequential_clearance_main.pyw), overwriting it the original, the syntax
highlighting reverts.

I've figuring something clever with the line ends is happening.