[wingide-users] debugging Jinja2 templates within Django

Chris Curvey chris at chriscurvey.com
Fri Mar 7 09:41:19 EST 2014

I finally got around to trying out the Jinja2 templating system to replace
the stock Django templating system, and I'm hooked!  Jinja2 performs
better, and the templating language just feels nicer to me.

But I'm not having much luck getting Wing to stop on breakpoints within a
jinja2 template.  Has anyone else had any luck?

I've currently got my stock templates in files named "foo.html" and the
corresponding jinja version in "foo.jinja"

I think when I installed the django-jinja package (which is the glue that
makes Django and Jinja work together, much like "coffin") it installed the
C-language speedups when it installed the MarkupSafe package.  Not sure if
I need to remove that C-language stuff to get debugging working.  (or even
*how* to uninstall it, frankly)

any clues appreciated!

--
I asked the Internet how to train my cat, and the Internet told me to get a
dog.