[wingide-users] Wing IDE won't start on Mac OS X Mavericks after specifying DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Mar 3 15:16:21 EST 2014

Trevor T wrote:
> I've discovered that if I specify the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in my
> ~/.profile file, Wing IDE will not start.  Unfortunately, I need to
> specify this variable to run the latest development version of sklearn
> compiled from source, otherwise it complains it can't find
> "libmkl_intel_lp64.dylib".
>
> I've tried setting the variable in the Project Properties but that
> doesn't seem to do anything either.  Perhaps my formatting is not correct

It should work to set it in Project Properties.  Are you using ':' as
the path delimiter?  Here's a slightly complicated example that uses
${env} references (which Wing will resolve), taken from the project that
I use to debug Wing 5 with itself:

WINGHOME=/Users/sdeibel/src/ide
PYSIDESANDBOX=${WINGHOME}/bin/sandbox
PYRUNTIME=${WINGHOME}/bin/runtime-python2.7
QTRUNTIME=${WINGHOME}/bin/runtime-qt
PYSIDERUNTIME=${WINGHOME}/bin/runtime-pyside-py2.7
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=${PYRUNTIME}/lib:${QTRUNTIME}/lib:${PYSIDERUNTIME}/lib
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=${PYRUNTIME}/lib:${QTRUNTIME}/lib:${PYSIDERUNTIME}/lib

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

wingware.com