[wingide-users] Three feature requests that would complete WingIDE for me!

Jason Mehring nrgaway at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 18:42:28 EDT 2014

I have been using WingIDE Professional edition for over 6 years now,
upgrading along the way when new versions come out.

There are a few lacking features that force me to use other editors as
well, which I hope can be implemented in Wing.

1. Include a spell check dictionary (as you type).  I do all my coding
in Wing, but need to switch later to check spelling of comments. If only
this feature could be implemented, I could live with the others being
lacking since this affects me on a day to day basis so much that I get
me comments shorts than they should be since I am a horrible speller.

2. There has been a bug in vi for a long time when using 'cw' to change
a single letter, it also will end up changing the next word. 'c ' works,
but often I forget to use that.

3. Auto reformat pages.  The other IDE I use will offer as an option to
reformat page when opening files to PEP8 (or custom modified) standards
set in options (like removing trialing spaces on lines, etc.).   This is
useful for when multiple authors working on same file especially when
those authors are not as experienced and allows one to set a style rules
for the project.

And here are a few others that would be nice but not required.

4 . Most projects now allow 132 characters as an acceptable line width,
but still would like to keep comment block to 80 character due to
documentation engines so it would be nice to be able to set either or both:
     - a separate ruler for comments (so I would set one for 77 and one
for 127)
     - even better, auto wrap comment lines as well

5. This might already be possible, but it would be nice to be able to
map a key to the switch window feature.  It is currently <CTRL>+<TAB>
but that is really awkward to get fingers in that position and gives my
hands strain.  If I could map it to <ALT>+<TAB> for say <F3> that would
be much better