[wingide-users] How to find whether WING IDE is attached to the debugger

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Jul 20 09:15:12 EDT 2014

Dietmar Schwertberger via wingide-users wrote:
> Some of my scripts should import wingdbstub, such that I can later
> attach the debugger to them.
>
> In this case os.environ.get("WINGDB_ACTIVE") is always '1'.
>
> Is there a way to find whether WING IDE is really attached to the
> debugger?
> I would like the exception handling to be different in this case
> (re-raise exceptions).

I think wingdbstub.debugger.ChannelClosed() will probably work for you,
although you could first try to just call wingdbstub.Ensure() to
start/reconnect the debugger if that is preferable.

Similarly wingdbstub.debugger.DebugActive() checks if the debugger is
enabled (it can be w/o being attached to the IDE).