[wingide-users] How do I keep all arguments that WING auto-completes for me after typing the opening parenthesis of a class or function ...

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jul 2 16:18:02 EDT 2014

Dietmar Schwertberger via wingide-users wrote:
> Honestly, I currently don't use this feature, mainly because the
> current implementation
> is too 'nervous' (*).
>
> I also usually want to have the choice to keep them all or just to
> discard them.
> How about this:
>  - if the user just types on, the arguments are discarded
>  - if the user uses the tab key, the behavious is like now
>  - if the user does something else, e.g. move the cursor, all
> arguments and defaults are kept (thats also the way PyCrust handles
> things)

The first two we already do.  The third one seems a bit obscure to me
and hard to decide when to do it.  Maybe if Tab is never pressed but I
think that it will confuse people if that is the default behavior.

An alternative is just to have a preference to turn off removal of
unaltered defaults and maybe add a refactoring operation that removes
unaltered defaults from any invocation so that can still be done when
wanted.

wingware.com