[wingide-users] How do I keep all arguments that WING auto-completes for me after typing the opening parenthesis of a class or function ...

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jul 2 09:36:51 EDT 2014

DiData via wingide-users wrote:
> During auto-complete of a class or function (i.e. when you type the
> opening parenthesis), sometimes I want
> to keep all of the arguments that the IDE inserts for me (perhaps to
> inspect them, and perhaps to be explicit
> in my code). But when I move the cursor or mouse, it disappears.
>
> I tried hitting tab, moving the mouse to the end of the highlighted
> insertion, etc., but it always disappears.
>
> How do I keep the entire completion?

Currently Wing always removed the unaltered defaults.  I think having an
option to leave them is a good idea, but I'm not yet certain how it
should be triggered by the user.

I do think unaltered defaults should mostly be removed because that
often makes it easier to manage code changes over time, but I also have
times when I want to be explicit about some of the values.

I'm open to suggestions on this.

wingware.com