[wingide-users] debugging django 1.6 templates

Chris Curvey chris at chriscurvey.com
Mon Jan 27 07:56:06 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com>wrote:

> Chris Curvey wrote:
>> has anyone had any luck with this?  My debug environment works great with
>> the python code, but I can't get it to respect a breakpoint in the template.
>> I'm using the remote debugging option (using wingdbstub)
>> TEMPLATE_DEBUG=True in settings.py
>> Enable Django Template Debugging is checked in my project preferences.
>> The breakpoint is set on a line that says {% for form in formset %}
> I think it's broken in Django 1.6 due to changes in the Django template
> engine.  I'll try to look at this soon.
> Thanks,
> --
> Stephan Deibel
> Wingware | Python IDE
> Advancing Software Development
> www.wingware.com

I saw on the latest release notes that there was a fix to support Django
1.6.  Did that include fixing template debugging?  'Cause it's not working
for me.

Hate to be a noodge, but I seem to be hitting lots of cases recently where
templates are not doing what they're supposed to be doing.

thanks for a great product!

I asked the Internet how to train my cat, and the Internet told me to get a