[wingide-users] Incremental saving.... wingide-users Digest, Vol 118, Issue 13

Strauch, Rebecca A (DFG) rebecca.strauch at alaska.gov
Wed Feb 26 14:58:08 EST 2014

I wouldn't mind seeing some type of incremental back-up (in separate folder, that clears out after x hours/days), maybe save a copy when you save or Ctrl-S.    However, I do rely on the Ctrl-Z (undo) quite a bit for the rolling back.  An incremental backup would be for my major screw ups.  Unless this is a single-file event though, I could see it getting complicated and large if trying to do this on a project.  The files may end up getting out sync with each other, but it would be an emergency recovery.

I have access to a version control system (VCS) in my Division, but find that much of my python (and javascript) development changes so often (I'm a good hack...not good enough to be a hacker) that I hate to "waste" the incremental saves to the VCS.  Currently, I just save the incremental versions manually...making sure I have a logical name for the backup when something works.  This of course relies on me and is therefore not a 100% perfect solution.

So +1 if it can be added in a user friendly way.  Just my two cents.
Rebecca