[wingide-users] Stop on exception, within try block?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Feb 25 09:59:33 EST 2014

On 2/24/14, 7:37 PM, Graham Wideman wrote:
> Is there a setting, feature or approach to get WingIDE debugger to stop on exceptions, even within try..except blocks? (A feature I'm used to having in IDEs for other languages.)

Unfortunately, exceptions are used too frequently in Python for stopping
on any exception to be all that useful.  There is an exception mode that
does this that can be set in the Debugger -> Exceptions preferences --
it's the Always option for the Report Exceptions setting -- but it stops
too often, at least for me.

Cheers,