[wingide-users] Django Template Browser

Adi Sieker adi at sieker.io
Fri Feb 21 05:00:47 EST 2014

Hello,

nearly all of the Python work I do is Django work and I've recently, had
an idea that would help me tremendously when working with Django and
that is a Django Template Browser.

What it would do is display all available templates from the list of
INSTALLED_APPS as a tree. It would then check which templates have been
redefined in the TEMPLATE_DIRS directory. Each template getting an
indicator if it was redefined or not. Templates that are in the
TEMPLATE_DIRS but not in the INSTALLED_APPS would also be added to the
tree. Right clicking on a template would display a pop up that either
allows me to redefine the template or delete the redefinition. If I
redefine the template Wing should read the contents of the template in
the apps location and create a new template with the content of the
original template in my TEMPLATE_DIRS directory and matching the path of
the original template.

In the below mockup, which is not complete, the templates with [-] are
not redefined and the ones with [+] are redefined.

Double clicking on a template would open the redefined template if it
exists otherwise the original template and right clicking on a redefined
template would give me the option to open the original template.

I have no idea if this is feasible as an extension or not, but I would
love to see something like that in Wing.

Regards
     Adi

--
Adi J. Sieker 	mobile: +49 - 178 - 88 5 88 13
Freelance Developer 	phone: +49 - 7661 - 91 92 8130