[wingide-users] Popen and virtual env

brian downing brian.downing at yakkadesign.com
Thu Feb 13 19:03:02 EST 2014

In project props I have a virtual env setup:

When I run popen it is picking up the system python:
cmd = 'python -c "import sys;print sys.version_info" '
p = subprocess.Popen(cmd, shell=True, stdout=subprocess.PIPE,
(stdoutdata, stderrdata) = p.communicate()
print "stdoutdata = %s and process stderrdata = %s"%(stdoutdata, stderrdata)

stdoutdata = (2, 6, 6, 'final', 0)
  and process stderrdata =

  Is there a way to pass the wingware virtual env to popen?  I assume
I'll have to hard code the path.