[wingide-users] Problem with "pandas" on Mac OS X Lion

Trevor T tsnipez at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 12:53:31 EST 2014

Unfortunately, it seems that both sys.path and os.getcwd() return the same
result whether I'm in Wing or just the regular python terminal.

Specifically sys.path returns:

['', '/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python27.zip',
'/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python2.7',
'/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python2.7/plat-darwin',
'/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python2.7/plat-mac',
'/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python2.7/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages',
'/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python2.7/lib-tk',
'/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python2.7/lib-old',
'/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload',
'/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages',
'/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL',
'/Users/owner/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg-info']

and os.getcwd() returns:

'/Users/owner'

I checked if the two lists were equivalent generated by two different
shells and they were.  Now the other thing I didn't mention is that the
hashtable error is the only *consistent* error associated with importing
pandas.  What I mean, is that if I just launch Wing IDE and try to import
pandas - I will always first get this error instead:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=XnZ2K0Lp - but when I try to import pandas
again from that same shell is what I get the hashtable error and will
forever keep getting if I try to import pandas from the same terminal
session.  I couldn't find the particular first error anywhere on Google so
I just assumed that the second, consistent error is all that matters.

Thank you for the help!