[wingide-users] Using nuitka with Wing

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Fri Dec 26 17:15:16 EST 2014

On 12/25/14 11:37 AM, Воронецкий Дима wrote:
> How do I make Wing IDE use nuitka instead of python 3.4.0, or this is
> not possible?

You can write code to be compiled by nuitka with Wing, but it's very
unlikely that you can use Wing's debugger with nuitka.  I haven't tried
nuitka, but I use cython which can be used as an optimizing compiler for
python code.  What I do when developing cython pure python mode code
with Wing is to write and debug with the standard python interpreter and
the compile it with cython.  With this approach, the code should work
before it is compiled and then you mainly need to worry about the
differences between the interpreter and the cython or nuitka compiler.

Cheers,