[wingide-users] Using wingdbstub with IPython Notebook?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Sep 23 12:20:07 MDT 2013

reckoner wrote:
> I'm using the IPython Notebook and including the usual
>
>     import wingdbstub
>
> in my code that is running in the notebook. I also have the  Wing IDE
> open with breakpoints set. However, when I run the code in the
> notebook, the IDE is not stopping at the breakpoints. I do, however,
> see that the "STOP" icon in the Wing IDE is active indicating that the
> debugger is, in fact, attached to the process. It's just not stopping
> there.
>
> Any tips on using the Wing debugger with IPython notebooks?

Can you try printing os.getpid() right after the import of wingdbstub
and then again where you have your breakpoint?  I'm wondering if that
might not be running in a separate process.  If so, moving the import
would help.  If not, please set kLogFile in your copy of wingdbstub.py
and send the output to support at wingware.com.