[wingide-users] Is it possible to use Wing on a Chromebook?

John Fabiani johnf at jfcomputer.com
Fri Sep 20 10:30:02 MDT 2013

On 09/20/2013 09:17 AM, Wingware Support wrote:
> Mark Jones wrote:
>> Got a vacation coming up and not wanting to take my laptop within
>> reach of the TSA, was wondering if one of these chromebooks in
>> developer mode would allow me to do some work if I became so inspired.
>
> I don't think this is possible.  As far as I understand it you can't
> install anything onto a Chromebook and it is essentially just a a
> phone/tablet/device style OS for using the Chrome web browser and apps
> from Google's app store.

You could always use Chrome Remote Desktop on a ChromeBook.  That said,
it also means you have to leave your computer on and maybe you would
need someone to help get the 'key' for access.  There might be a way
around the key - not sure.

There are also several browser remote access tools that can be used -
i.e. anymeeting.

Johnf