[wingide-users] viewing return value at end of function

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Sep 11 13:44:15 MDT 2013

On 9/10/13 6:11 PM, Mitchell L Model wrote:
> While stepping through a function, after stepping over a return statement, Wing stops, displays an indicator line under the return statement, and shows the return value in the Stack Data tool, which is nice. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to get at that value other than from the Stack Data tool. In particular, it doesn't have a name that can be used from within the Debugger Tool or Watch Tool. When the value is a huge string, I can't figure out how to see its value. Any ideas?

I'll look into why '<return value>' isn't working in the Watch tool.
It's not currently supported in the Debug Probe because there isn't a
name it's bound to.  I suppose we could as support for <return value> as
a special variable name there, though it will take some source rewriting
and special casing.

Cheers,