[wingide-users] Pylint Win 7 64bit

arrathkune arrathkune at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 00:03:28 EDT 2013

I had no problems using pylint on my Linux machines.  However, on windows, I
could never get the counts on the pylint panel to be anything but zeroes.  I
eventually figured it out by tweaking pylint.bat to save a copy of the
arguments passed to it.  The IDE was only sending the file name and nothing
else.  By adding the needed options to the args line in the configuration
file, everything started working.  Again, I needed this hack only for
windows.

command = c:\python27\Scripts\pylint.bat
args = -f parseable -r n

Also windows users of pylint 1.0.0 will want to look into the one line fix
to checkers/format.py that eliminates the trailing-whitespace messages for
lines ending with CR/LF.
(https://bitbucket.org/logilab/pylint/commits/34b715e11c78)