[wingide-users] sys.path differs between Wing and terminal

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 28 08:45:58 MDT 2013

Ofer wrote:
> I'm having some weird sys.path issues where the sys.path differs
> between Wing and the terminal.
> Below are the outputs of "pprint(sys.path)" on both. I've highlighted
> the differences.
> Perhaps you know where the difference originates from?
> I would like the sys.path to be the same on both.

I suspect this is the same thing as environment being different (in your
other email) -- try launching Wing from the command line with wing5.0
(or wing4.1) if that's not what you're already doing.

One exception here is that
'/home/oferb/workspace/il.ac.wis.cs.rovtool.blender/bp_drone' is
included when you're running in Wing instead of ''.  That's equivalent
as long as the os.getcwd() is
/home/oferb/workspace/il.ac.wis.cs.rovtool.blender/bp_drone but
otherwise there is a subtle difference here.  I'll take a look at this
again, but I think there is a reason we're doing this due to unavoidable
differences in how we launch your code and how it would get launched
from outside the debugger.