[wingide-users] Autocomplete __name__

Mike Driscoll mike at pythonlibrary.org
Fri Oct 18 12:45:43 MDT 2013

Hi,

This is probably me just being lazy, but Wing's autocomplete is so handy
that I always miss it when it won't autocomplete __name__ when I am typing
the following typical construct:

if __name__ == "__main__"

I notice Wing will happily recognize __name__ after I have typed it out as
it changes color. And Wing will autocomplete double-underscore items from
classes, so I don't really know why it's autocomplete doesn't work in this
instance.

Is there a way to enable it? Or perhaps create one of those cool
autocomplete snippets for it?

Thanks!

Mike Driscoll

Blog:   http://blog.pythonlibrary.org