[wingide-users] Feature request: contextual search or "close to" search operator

Anthony Floyd anthony.floyd at convergent.ca
Thu Oct 17 11:11:28 MDT 2013

Something I'd love to see in Wing: contextual search.

Often I'll want to search for Term A but only when it's within the same line or n lines of Term B. Sort of like a "close to" operator.

Our main codebase is nearing 300k lines of Python, and keeping track of where everything is has become challenging. But sometimes a "Search in Files" returns way too many hits. A contextual search would go a long way in helping.

Cheers,
Anthony.

--
Anthony Floyd, PhD
Convergent Manufacturing Technologies Inc.

Email: Anthony.Floyd at convergent.ca | Tel:   604-822-9682 x102
WWW:   http://www.convergent.ca    | Fax:   604-822-9659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information which is the property of Convergent, intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately notify Convergent and destroy any copies of this email.  Receipt of this e-mail shall not be deemed a waiver by Convergent of any privilege or the confidential nature of the information.