[wingide-users] Wing IDE Debugger (missing features)

Paul Du Bois dubois at doublefine.com
Fri Oct 4 11:43:27 MDT 2013

> > type in an expression into some python listener and see its results
WITHOUT setting a breakpoint

> Here you went looney toons on us.

No need for that.

> This just makes no sense in any language.

I agree that it's harder to imagine what the semantics would be for Python,
but it can have a well defined meaning for other languages. For example,
the Lua debugger
I work on (using wing!) has this feature, and it's a good user experience.

Lua has the concept of a default global environment. Python does not, but
one could imagine wing creating and using a dummy module as the environment.