[wingide-users] shared perspectives

Mitchell L Model dev at software-concepts.org
Thu Nov 28 09:43:41 MST 2013

I just remembered the shared choice for perspectives is in the perspective manager for each perspective. I have all mine shared.

However, the information looks like it must be coming from somewhere other than the perspective or wpu files. I just deleted my perspective file in v5, opened Wing, and started a new project (default), and Manage Perspectives showed me the 5 or 6 perspectives I expected. Loading one got me the windows I expected, but of course no files in them. One thing I did notice that might be really important is that when I do anything to a perspective in the Perspective Manager, including renaming or loading it, I get an error message "That perspective already exists. Are you sure you want to overwrite the existing perspective "NAME OF PERSPECTIVE"? I say no each time. I don't remember ever seeing that message before this week.