[wingide-users] Suggestion: Breakpoint button behavior

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 25 08:47:35 MST 2013

On 11/24/13 12:59 AM, Graham Wideman wrote:
> However, after hitting Stop, while moving over to hit Run, the toolbar goes through two repaints, in which the Breakpoint button disappears, the remaining buttons shift left (modifying my targeting of the mouse toward the shifted Run button) and then as I approach the shifted Run button, the Breakpoint button reappears at the Run button location, shifting the Run button right. If I'm not anticipating this I end up hitting the Breakpoint button that has just replaced the Run button.  Grrrr.

Is the issue here that the toolbar is slow to be repainted and thus
distracting?  The breakpoint, run, run to cursor buttons don't change
positions when all of the drawing is finished (this is by design).  That
said, a preference for always displaying all of the debug tools might be
helpful.  We would retain the current behavior -- I (& probably others)
use the changing toolbar to see if the debugger is running or not.

Cheers,