[wingide-users] WingIDE type-hinting status?

Graham Wideman initcontact at grahamwideman.com
Sun Nov 24 23:49:16 MST 2013

(Sent again due to using wrong From address -- doh!)
Hi folks,

I'd appreciate an update on the current state-of-play regarding type hinting, or any methods for improving the IDE's ability to autocomplete in common cases where, with vanilla code, it seems not able to do so.

The commonest cases that I seem to encounter are:
1. Within a function, autocompletion for objects passed as arguments to the function.

2. for item in iterable:   autocomplete for someobj.

I do realize that the IDE recognizes:
  assert(isinstance(item, type))

... but it sure would be nice to avoid that.

Any advances on this front?

-- Graham