[wingide-users] Suggestion: Breakpoint button behavior

Richard Bobo richbobo at mac.com
Sun Nov 24 09:52:59 MST 2013

Graham,

I am a newbie to Wing IDE and I, too, found this disorienting. I have used many graphics, paint, animation and compositing programs over my career and very few rearrange the buttons. Muscle memory is important when making repetitive actions. The mind forms an intention to perform an action and no effort is required beyond that. When the target disappears somewhat unpredictably, it breaks the mental flow and forces concentration on performing the motor action correctly, instead. Since I am new to Wing, I am still finding my way around and muscle memory hasn’t set in, yet. However, as I use it more and more, I’m pretty sure the button rearrangement behavior will start to become an annoyance...

Rich

Rich Bobo
Senior VFX Compositor
Armstrong-White
http://armstrong-white.com/

Email:  richbobo at mac.com
Mobile:  (248) 840-2665
Web:  http://richbobo.com/

"Waiting is a state of mind. Basically, it means that you want the future; you don't want the present. This greatly reduces the quality of your life."

- Eckhart Tolle