[wingide-users] Debug I/O window stops receiving output

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 18 18:48:37 MST 2013

On 11/18/13 8:32 PM, Graham Wideman wrote:
> Given the more-complete info in the error-log, I think it would actually be quite useful to have such a window in the IDE. The timestamps would be especially useful. Absent timestamps in the Messages window, because the messages largely repeat for each run, it's difficult to tell with confidence which run a particular series of messages pertains to.

The error-log is an internal log with the logging of some activities and
of internal exceptions that is meant to be useful for us in debugging
problems with Wing.  It's not meant as something that's easily
understood or even helpful to users -- periodically we need to explain
that some error-log messages that appear to indicate a problem are in
fact perfectly normal.  I think it's helpful for advanced users and
those working with the source, but it doesn't need to be a tool in the
GUI.

BTW, to have the error-log messages printed out as Wing in running,
start wing w/ the --verbose argument on Linux or OS X or run
console_wing.exe on Windows.

Cheers,