[wingide-users] Debug I/O window stops receiving output

Graham Wideman initcontact at grahamwideman.com
Mon Nov 18 18:32:51 MST 2013

(oops, previous posted from wrong address.)

Hi John,

When the problem next occurs, I can certainly submit the error-log file, now that I know such a thing exists. :-)

I am curious how error-log relates to the IDE Messages window because the content seems quite overlapping but with Messages not as complete?

That got me looking at whether there was a "Tool window" for the error-log, and none of the options listed on the Tools window seems to be it.

Given the more-complete info in the error-log, I think it would actually be quite useful to have such a window in the IDE. The timestamps would be especially useful. Absent timestamps in the Messages window, because the messages largely repeat for each run, it's difficult to tell with confidence which run a particular series of messages pertains to.

An "IDE error-log" panel could also advertise where the error-log file is located, avoiding a trip through google and wingware.com to find it.

Thoughts?

-- Graham