[wingide-users] Debug I/O window stops receiving output

Graham Wideman initcontact at grahamwideman.com
Mon Nov 18 17:31:14 MST 2013

Hi all,

I've been seeing this infrequent problem in the last few betas and in release version
5.0.0-1 (rev 30231).

Windows 7-64. As yet I'm running the "trial" version.

On a number of projects I'm alternately writing some code and running it in the IDE, making use of print() output going to WingIDE's Debug I/O window.

Except that at some point, when I run the code in the IDE, no output appears in the Debug I/O window. In that case, the Debug I/O window clears as usual, and the tab caption flashes to red text as usual. But no output.

In, say, 8 hours of use, this might happen a couple of times.

Once the IDE is in this state, it stays that way -- rerunning the code continues to result in no output to the Debug I/O window.  And indeed I've not discovered any way within the IDE to fix it.  However, quitting the IDE and restarting does always fix it.

Observations:

-- I have checked to make sure that I am in fact running the module I'm intending.

-- I have inspected the Messages window, and the same series of messages occurs for a missing-output run as for usual, including:
  Debugger: Listening for back-connection
  Debugger: Connected to debug process

Anyone else seen this or have a clue about it?

Thanks,

-- Graham