[wingide-users] Send Ctrl-C to debugger

Adi Sieker adi at sieker.io
Sun Nov 17 12:26:05 MST 2013

Try focussing the Debug I/O tool and then pressing Ctrl+C. I've usually found that the Debug I/O tool behaves mostly like I want it to.

Cheers
     Adi

Michael Hipp <michael at redmule.com> wrote:

On 11/17/2013 1:16 AM, Steve Barnes wrote:
> On 16/11/13 23:33, Michael Hipp wrote:
>> My flu-impaired brain can't figure this out, so I'm bothering the list...
>>
>> I'm on Windows and I need to test trapping of the KeyboardInterrupt
>> exception, but I can't figure out how to send Ctrl-C to the program
>> running in the debugger.
>>
>> How do I send Ctrl-C to my running program?
>>

> Make sure that your program has the focus and press Ctrl-C should do the
> trick.

That would probably work fine if my program were a GUI running in its
own window. But running a console (i.e. essentially invisible) program
in the Wing debugger means that my program and Wing are one-in-the-same.
And when I hit Ctrl-C in Wing, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks,
Michael