[wingide-users] Question on calling SubroutineA in SubroutineB

Joseph POLLACCO pollacco.water at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 02:12:49 MST 2013

Dear John and Yarko Tymciurak,

Many thanks for responding to my question so promptly.

Thanks for introducing me to MumPy/ SciPy which will make my transition
from MATLAB to PYTHON easier. To date I am using an excellent textbook
Think Python (How to think like a computer scientist).

Many thanks for informing me that PYTHON reads from top to bottom.

def test2():

      return 'hello'

def test1():

      return test2()

print( test2() )

Now I have an other question, which worked well when I started using an
interpreter like bpython but to date not with WINGWARE:

Saved as TEST2.py

def TEST2():

      return 'hello'

Saved as TEST1.py

def TEST1():

      return TEST2()

print( TEST2() )

Running TEST1

OUTPUT

File "C:\JOSEPH\PYTHON2\TESTING\TEST1.py", line 4, in <module>
        print( TEST2() )

         NameError: name 'TEST2' is not defined

I have performed the following action which did not help:

1) Created a NewProject;

2) Add existing directory

3) Project properties -> Environment -> Python path (Custom)

Many thanks for any help you may provide to help me call functions
defined by the users.

Kind regards,

Joseph A. P. POLLACCO

Joseph Alexander Paul POLLACCO