[wingide-users] Question on calling SubroutineA in SubroutineB

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 13 08:52:39 MST 2013

On 11/13/13 3:46 AM, Joseph POLLACCO wrote:
> I am new to the WingIDE 5community and I have a trivial question
> concerning how to call another subroutine. This action is easily
> performed in MATLAB and in FORTRAN but I do not know why this does not
> work for me in WingIDE.
>
> For example, calling the subroutine *TEST1(a,b) *[works well
> independently] from subroutine TEST2.

Where are you defining your subroutines / functions?  In Python, it's
typical to define multiple functions in one file, as in:

def test1():

def test2():

Note that this is more of a question about Python than about Wing IDE.
You may want to look at some of the introductions to Python for
programmers found on
https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers and elsewhere.
I also found http://wiki.scipy.org/NumPy_for_Matlab_Users through
google, which could be helpful if you use NumPy / SciPy.

Cheers,