[wingide-users] That annoying tabs and spaces message

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 15:27:49 EDT 2013

Since switching from the 101 to the Personal, I often get a warning dialog
when opening a file telling me that this file uses both tabs and spaces for
indentation, and do I want to convert it. I always click "Convert".

Oddly, although I click "convert" which I assume would modify the file, the
modified signal (dot in the red gumdrop) does not appear. But usually I end
up saving the file after edits anyway.

And then the message appears again next time I open the file.

In Preferences I have Default Indent Style: Spaces Only. I don't edit these
files in any other editor.

Why doesn't "convert" actually modify the document?
Why does the message keep coming back?

Thanks,
Dave Cortesi