[wingide-users] Quick return

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:41:34 EDT 2013

Same issue comes up in other editors, e.g. bbedit.
As long as you do not move the insertion point, only scroll with
the scrollbar, you can always hit the spacebar to jump
back to the insertion point. This is tricky, though,
because even page up/dn will move the insertion point.
So will a search, if you want to search for a particular
function or variable name as you often do.

Here is another way: hit the space bar once *before*
you move away (by any means, even search). Then
to get back, hit cmd-z/ctl-z. As part of the undo, the editor
snaps the insertion point back to that location.