[wingide-users] Quick return

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Mar 20 13:39:53 EDT 2013

Adam Hughes wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is already a feature...
>
> If I'm working on a big source file, often, I'd like to be able to
> quickly return to my working line after scrolling to some other point
> in the source code.  For example, if I am working on a function and
> need to scan 100 lines below to see how I did something in a related
> function, is there a quick way to return to my working line without
> manually going back?

At the top left of the editor there are forward/back buttons that
traverse visit history.  The marks are set automatically, so there are
ways to visit 100 lines down that will set a mark and also some that
won't (like just moving the scroll bar).  For some cases, if the caret
is still at the previous location, just typing a key and then delete or
undo is a quick way to get back.  Another idea that is sometimes useful
is to open the same editor in another split so you can see both places
at once.